Orchard End Organics…
Orchard End Organics is owned and run by David Wrenn from a 1.5 acre smallholding, at Kirstead, Norfolk. David moved there in August 2000 and started the conversion to Organic under Demeter's biodynamic principles. The holding now has full Biodynamic status.
David ran a box scheme in Norwich up until spring 2012. He now concentrates full time on the herb business, and organic consultancy work.
He will be selling his Demeter standard herb and vegetable plants throughout the spring and summer at various venues around Norwich, South Norfolk and North Suffolk, including
Wymondham Farmers Market, Bungay Garden Market, Norwich Lanes street market
His plants are also available at:
Follands Organic stall on Norwich market
Rainbow Wholefoods, Nr Guildhall Norwich
The Greengrocers, Earlham rd Norwich
Natural Food Store, Diss
Little green Wholefoods, Bungay
Focus Organics, Halesworth
- Biodynamic holdings aim to become self-sufficient in compost, manures and animal feeds.
- All external inputs are kept to a minimum.
- Compost is treated with special herb-based preparations.
- Crop quality is improved using natural manure and quartz based preparations.
- Ecological diversity is a goal of landscape management.
- An astronomical calendar is used to determine auspicious, planting, cultivating and harvesting times.